How to use your education benefit for 2Win’s training programs is a step-by-step guide to requesting reimbursement for training.
Corporate education benefits are more than a line item in your employee handbook – they can help with your career growth, development and advancement. Many companies offer flexible benefits you can use for college/university reimbursement, online courses, in-person workshops, professional certifications and more.
With so many options, it can be a bit daunting to figure out how to use your education benefit. And if your company has a “use it or lose it” policy, now is the perfect time to take advantage of that education benefit before it resets.
In this post, I’ll give you step-by-step instructions for how to access your education benefits, specifically for one of 2Win’s training programs.
*Disclaimer: I’m not a lawyer or an accountant, I don’t work for your HR department, and unless you work for one of a handful of companies, I haven’t read your employee handbook. This post is for informational purposes only. Nothing in this post should be considered legal, tax, or corporate policy advice. Please check with your company’s handbook and/or HR team to ensure you follow any policies or regulations applicable to your company and/or local laws. If you’re based in the US, the IRS has helpful information regarding tax benefits for education.
The steps to getting reimbursed when using your education benefit for a certification
If you’re looking at one of our programs, particularly a public workshop, you’ll be pleased to know that they are often eligible for corporate education benefits. Below you’ll find the steps that most people take to claim a reimbursement. Please note that we are focusing on individuals for this post, however, we often work with leaders who enroll several people or groups of people. If that’s you, contact us and we’ll be happy to help.
Here are the steps:
- Confirm education benefit eligibility: Check your HR team and/or your employee handbook to determine what your education benefit is.
- Get pre-approval: Some organizations require a pre-approval to use your education benefit. If your company does, make sure to complete that process before registering.
- Enroll: Click here to see our public workshop schedule and find a workshop that works for you.
- Get certified: Once you complete the workshop, you’ll earn a certification from 2Win. You can post it on LinkedIn and tell all your friends. But you can also use it to get reimbursed – many companies make this a requirement to using your education benefit.
- Submit for reimbursement: Once you have your new certification, submit that along with receipts to your HR team.
- Celebrate: Maybe not a necessary step, but, as they say on Parks and Recreation, Treat Yo’ Self. (If you’re a fan of Parks and Recreation, check out our blog post where we imagine what the characters from that show would do if they were speaking at a Sales Kickoff.)
Make a strong case for approval
Reimbursement often hinges on how well you can articulate the benefits of the training program to your employer. Here are some tips, and a template you can use to make your case.
Tips for reimbursement requests:
- Link outcomes and impact to your job: Show how your 2Win program will improve your job performance.
- Show the ROI (return on investment): Explain how your new skills will benefit your company.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment: You’ll want to show your company that you understand they’re making an investment in you.
A template to help you request reimbursement for using your education benefit
Subject: Request for tuition reimbursement for 2Win soft skills training
I’m writing to formally request tuition reimbursement for getting certified in [2Win program].
This training directly aligns with my role as [your position] by improving my skills in the following areas:
(select which skill(s) are most relevant to you)
- Conducting more meaningful sales discovery, so I can connect our value to what clients/prospects need.
- Delivering more relevant demos, so I can ensure clients/prospects see our value in each and every demo.
- Creating a more consistent demo/presentation process, so I can prepare faster and support more opportunities.
- Connect the value of our features to my client and/or prospect’s strategic goals, so I can gain executive-level support.
- Tell more impactful stories, so prospects/clients remember our value long after a meeting.
I am confident that the skills I will gain in [2Win program] will help us (select the benefit that’s most relevant to you) close more deals/accelerate sales cycles/renew more contracts.
The total cost of the training is/was [cost], and I expect to complete/successfully completed the program and receive/received my certification on [date].
As per [company’s] education benefits policy, this certification meets the requirements for reimbursement. I am including the following documentation:
- Receipt of payment
- Proof of completion
I kindly request that this reimbursement is processed at your earliest convenience. Should you require any additional information or have questions, please feel free to reach out to me. I am available for further discussion if needed.
Thank you for your time and consideration,
And that’s how you can use your education benefit for a 2Win training program
Our team has helped employees at companies of all sizes get reimbursed for their 2Win training. If you’re interested in one of our programs, feel free to reach out and we’ll help however we can.